FLYL Lacrosse Registration- 1 Day Left 12/14/2014 Fox Lane Youth Lacrosse Early Registration Closes Tomorrow
CODE OF CONDUCT 04/28/2009
IMPORTANT REMINDER -
FLYL holds sportsmanship and appropriate...
FLYL Registration- Thanks & Deadline
Thanks to all 350 players that have registered for the Spring Lacrosse season thus far.
In the holiday spirit we are extending the deadline to this Sunday for all of you stragglers.
After Sunday the cost of registration will go up $50/player. Save that money and use it for presents or charitable giving!
Below is an update on the Helmet Recall. Please note that your child is NOT to use the "R" helmet until you have completed this processes and received the helmet back with the certified stamp on it. Please read and follow the instructions below to get this situation corrected. You will be doing this directly. The Club will not be collected them as a whole.
CASCADE announced a solution for the Cascade R Helmet which is up on their site now at cascadelacrosse.com . The solution will require every player that owns a "R" Helmet to send back their "R" helmet to get retrofitted. The retro fit process can only be done by Cascade to ensure its done properly. The process involves collecting all the "R" Helmets your son has and shipping them back to Cascade. The way you do that is by Registering your helmet on Cascade's website starting tomorrow December 13th at 9AM. At that time there will be an informational form for you to fill out and then print a Call Tag or Return Label that you can affix onto the box that your sending the helmets back in. Cascade has made it clear that they will work on a first come, first serve basis.
So the big question is what is the retro fit and what was wrong with the helmet. Exactly what is wrong has not been published, but what is clear is that they will be adding padding to the interior lining of the helmet to meet the specs.
Follow These Steps.
Starting December 13th at 9AM EST - you will need to go to Cascade's Website and Register your son's R Helmets. In some cases your son may have multiple helmets; a helmet from your school and of course your club helmet we provided you with. Please note, this is a separate registration then what they had up on their site before. This registration is for shipping purposes.
To register you will need to write down and keep all the helmet's Serial Numbers which will be located inside the left ear hole under the protective lining on the inside of the helmet. Make sure you write down the serial number, because you want to make sure you get this exact helmet back. The serial number is a little sticker and may be hard to locate or even read, but do your best. Cascade may not need this information, but you will want to keep track of this number to ensure you get the same helmet back.
Once you have written down the serial numbers, please go to http://www.cascadelacrosse.com and fill out all the information to receive a "Call Tag" or "Return Shipping Label" This call tag will allow you to identify your package from anyone else's.
Please place all helmets your returning in one box. We do recommend you put some sort of bag around the helmet for the shipping process. Once packed please affix the Return Label that you printed out on Cascade's website and affix it to the box.
Drop the Box off at any UPS store.
When the helmets are completed it will be shipped back to you. The timing is unclear but expect the worse.
In the meantime please wear any helmet that is NOCSAE certificated that is not a "R" Helmet.
24 HOUR COOLING OFF PERIOD: No one is to contact a coach for 24 hours after a game or practice.
We understand that frustrations crop up from time to time. However, it is always best to take some time to let emotions dissapate. The standard suggestion is to have the child approach the coach. However, we understand that the younger kids may be uncomfortable doing so.
IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO CONTACT THE COACH:
Wait at least 24 hours.
Contact coach by email and arrange a time to speak by phone or meet in person.
Keep it private.
If a discussion with coach does not resolve the issue, contact a member of the FLYL board and arrange a time to speak.
PARENTS - please discuss these expectations with your child/player. We know that emotions can run high in the heat of the battle. A calmly held discussion over dinner or in the car on the way to lacrosse can often help avoid excessive bahavior on the field or on the sidelines.
COACHES - please discuss these issues with your teams.
EVERYONE - -please remeber that you ALL signed a code of conduct upon registration. We need your cooperation and support in this important matter.
President, Fox Lane Youth Lacrosse
FOX LANE YOUTH LACROSSE (FLYL) CODE OF CONDUCT
FLYL Player Code of Conduct
As a player of the Fox Lane Youth Lacrosse Program, I pledge to:
· Come to all practices and games prepared to play, ready to listen and equipped with appropriate uniform (for practices and games), and all appropriate equipment.
· Be respectful to all players on my team and other teams, as well as all coaches and referees.
· Refrain from using abusive and/or taunting language while at practice, before, during and after a game.
· Refrain from physical abuse of other players, coaches, referees, parents and spectators while at practice, before, during and after a game.
· Support the team and other teammates by following the game while on the sidelines.
· Please clean up after yourselves at our fields and make sure that all water bottles and other garbage are removed from the field. Parent Code of Conduct
As a parent of a Fox Lane Youth Lacrosse player, I pledge to:
· Support my child’s efforts to be on time and be prepared for all practices and games.
· Calmly watch the play and not shout instructions to my child or other players.
· Not question the calls of the referee or the actions of the coach.
· Provide encouragement to my child and all team players.
· Be respectful of all players on my child’s team and opposing teams, coaches, referees and spectators.
· Discuss all issues with my child’s coach privately and at a time away from the game. Refrain from unsportsmanlike and poor parenting behavior including verbal or physical abuse of players, coaches, referees and other spectators at practice, before, during and after games
· I will not approach or contact a coach or FLYL Management Team after a game or practice in person or via email; until a 24 hour “cooling-off” grace period has passed.
· Your child is encouraged to speak directly with the coach. If your child is having difficulties in practice or games, or can't attend practice, etc., encourage him/her to speak directly to the coach. By handling off the field tasks, your child is claiming ownership of all aspects of the game.
· All players will be given reasonable playing time; the amount may vary from game to game.
· Most Importantly, HAVE FUN!! Fox Lane Youth Lacrosse Acceptance of Code of Conduct
As a parent of a Fox Lane Youth Lacrosse player, I agree to review these guidelines with my child and to abide by the guidelines as listed.
PLAYER NAME: ____________________________
PLAYER SCHOOL: _________________________
FLYL TEAM GRADE: _________________________
I have read the Fox Lane Youth Lacrosse player and parent code of conduct and understand that as part my acceptance to play on FLYL team, I will follow the these guidelines.
SIGNED (Player) DATE
SIGNED (Father/Guardian 1) DATE
SIGNED (Mother/Guardian 2) DATE
Document MUST be signed and returned to your FLYL Coach prior to player being permitted to play in their first game.