24 HOUR COOLING OFF PERIOD: No one is to contact a coach for 24 hours after a game or practice.
We understand that frustrations crop up from time to time. However, it is always best to take some time to let emotions dissapate. The standard suggestion is to have the child approach the coach. However, we understand that the younger kids may be uncomfortable doing so.
IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO CONTACT THE COACH:
Wait at least 24 hours.
Contact coach by email and arrange a time to speak by phone or meet in person.
Keep it private.
If a discussion with coach does not resolve the issue, contact a member of the FLYL board and arrange a time to speak.
PARENTS - please discuss these expectations with your child/player. We know that emotions can run high in the heat of the battle. A calmly held discussion over dinner or in the car on the way to lacrosse can often help avoid excessive bahavior on the field or on the sidelines.
COACHES - please discuss these issues with your teams.
EVERYONE - -please remeber that you ALL signed a code of conduct upon registration. We need your cooperation and support in this important matter.
President, Fox Lane Youth Lacrosse
FOX LANE YOUTH LACROSSE (FLYL) CODE OF CONDUCT
FLYL Player Code of Conduct
As a player of the Fox Lane Youth Lacrosse Program, I pledge to:
· Come to all practices and games prepared to play, ready to listen and equipped with appropriate uniform (for practices and games), and all appropriate equipment.
· Be respectful to all players on my team and other teams, as well as all coaches and referees.
· Refrain from using abusive and/or taunting language while at practice, before, during and after a game.
· Refrain from physical abuse of other players, coaches, referees, parents and spectators while at practice, before, during and after a game.
· Support the team and other teammates by following the game while on the sidelines.
· Please clean up after yourselves at our fields and make sure that all water bottles and other garbage are removed from the field. Parent Code of Conduct
As a parent of a Fox Lane Youth Lacrosse player, I pledge to:
· Support my child’s efforts to be on time and be prepared for all practices and games.
· Calmly watch the play and not shout instructions to my child or other players.
· Not question the calls of the referee or the actions of the coach.
· Provide encouragement to my child and all team players.
· Be respectful of all players on my child’s team and opposing teams, coaches, referees and spectators.
· Discuss all issues with my child’s coach privately and at a time away from the game. Refrain from unsportsmanlike and poor parenting behavior including verbal or physical abuse of players, coaches, referees and other spectators at practice, before, during and after games
· I will not approach or contact a coach or FLYL Management Team after a game or practice in person or via email; until a 24 hour “cooling-off” grace period has passed.
· Your child is encouraged to speak directly with the coach. If your child is having difficulties in practice or games, or can't attend practice, etc., encourage him/her to speak directly to the coach. By handling off the field tasks, your child is claiming ownership of all aspects of the game.
· All players will be given reasonable playing time; the amount may vary from game to game.
· Most Importantly, HAVE FUN!! Fox Lane Youth Lacrosse Acceptance of Code of Conduct
As a parent of a Fox Lane Youth Lacrosse player, I agree to review these guidelines with my child and to abide by the guidelines as listed.
PLAYER NAME: ____________________________
PLAYER SCHOOL: _________________________
FLYL TEAM GRADE: _________________________
I have read the Fox Lane Youth Lacrosse player and parent code of conduct and understand that as part my acceptance to play on FLYL team, I will follow the these guidelines.
SIGNED (Player) DATE
SIGNED (Father/Guardian 1) DATE
SIGNED (Mother/Guardian 2) DATE
Document MUST be signed and returned to your FLYL Coach prior to player being permitted to play in their first game.